Walnut Muffins With Coffee Icing
- 1 and 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons butter - softened
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup broken walnuts - toasted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 egg yolks - beaten
- 3 Tablespoons warm water
- 2 Tablespoons butter - softened
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Stir together oats and warm water, let stand for 5 minutes.
In a seperate bowl, sift together 1/2 cup of flour, the sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
Stir egg yolk, canola oil and milk into oat mixture. Add butter. Mix well then add to dry ingredients to this mixture until just moistened.
Fold in the walnuts and the raisins.
Prepare 12 muffin cups with papers or a cooking spray. Fill cups to 2/3rds full.
Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out free of batter.
Let cool before applying icing. To make the icing, simply whip all the icing ingredients together. Apply to each muffin generously.