Set your taste buds dancing with a fresh version of a classic chocolate mint latte!
Sugar-Free Leapin' Leprechaun
- 1 shot espresso
- 1 ounce Da Vinci Gourmet Peppermint Paddy Sugar Free
- Flavored Syrup
- 10 ounces steamed milk
Combine ingredients in a 12 oz. cup, top with whipped cream.
Get "jiggy" with this full flavor, full strength offering!Shamrock Shiver
(one 16-ounce serving)Ingredients:
- 1-2 shots espresso
- 2 oz. milk
- 2 oz. Da Vinci Gourmet Peppermint Paddy Classic Flavored Syrup
- 8-10 oz. ice cream
Blend, serve in a 16 oz. cup. For added treasure, stir in crumbled chocolate mint candies
Mocha Fudge Brownies
Makes 24 brownies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for baking sheets
- 8 ounces best-quality bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed dark-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat with butter two 8 1/2-by-12-inch rimmed baking sheets, and line with parchment paper; set aside.
2. Combine butter and chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted. Stir in espresso powder. Remove from heat; set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine eggs, sugars, vanilla, and salt. Whisk to combine. Add the chocolate mixture, and whisk to combine. Add flour, and whisk until just combined. Divide batter evenly between prepared baking sheets, using an offset spatula to smooth the surface. Bake, rotating baking sheets, until a shiny crust appears on the surface and the center is still soft when a cake tester is inserted into the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
4. Invert brownies onto parchment paper-lined cutting boards, and remove parchment. Re-invert brownies onto parchment paper-lined cutting boards. Place one of the brownies in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour. Let remaining brownie stand, covered at room temperature, for 1 hour. Spread room temperature brownie evenly with ganache. Remove chilled brownie from refrigerator, and place on top of ganache using an offset spatula to loosen, if necessary. Press gently to adhere. Transfer to refrigerator, and chill for 1 hour.
5. Remove from refrigerator, and trim edges. Cut into 2-by-2-inch squares. Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Serve at room temperature.
Coffee Banana Smoothie
What a great energy boost at breakfast time! Be sure to start with frozen bananas; this makes the drink taste rich and icy like a milk shake.
- 2 bananas, peeled and frozen
- 1-1/2 cup skim milk
- 8 ounces vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 shots espresso
In a blender container, combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth. If desired, garnish with fresh bananas and mint.
Makes: Two 12-ounce servings.
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped nuts (any variety)
- 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon instant coffee
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Topping for cooled cheesecake:
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- mixture of cocoa powder, cinnamon, and sugar
- 2 Tablespoons espresso or very strong coffee
Combine nuts, 2 Tablespoons sugar, and butter in a bowl and mix. Pour into 9-inch springform pan and press onto bottom. Set aside.
In a food processor combine cream cheese and remaining cup of sugar. Mix until light and completely combined.
Add flour and eggs, one at a time.
Add sour cream and cinnamon.
Combine the instant coffee and orange juice to dissolve the powder, then add to cream cheese mixture.
Pour into pan and place in a 350-degree oven for approximately 1 hour. Check for doneness by shaking gently. Cool completely.
Heat all ingredients and stir until melted.
Drizzle topping heavily in a zigzag pattern over cheesecake.
Sprinkle with mixture of coco powder, cinnamon, and sugar.
Garnish plate with an additional sprinkle of the sugar mixture around the plate highlighted with a chocolate-covered strawberry.