Some Beverage-Brewing Tips
Here are tips to help turn your brewing blahs into brewing ahhs with the perfect cup of coffee at home:
Before preparing any type of coffee beverage, evaluate your machine. A clean and properly calibrated machine is essential in brewing the perfect pot of coffee or making the best cup of espresso.
- For optimal flavor, grind your coffee immediately before brewing.
- In order to preserve the flavor of the coffee bean as long as possible, it is important to keep coffee away from excessive air, moisture, heat and light.
- Coffee should be stored in an opaque, airtight ceramic or glass container and not refrigerated or frozen. The moisture of the refrigerator or freezer will deteriorate your coffee.
- When grinding your beans, remember, larger grinds for coffee and smaller grinds for espresso.
- A good rule of thumb for making coffee is two rounded tablespoons of coffee per cup of water.
- The optimal water temperature for brewing coffee is 92 - 96 degrees.
- After coffee is brewed, the filter should be removed immediately. The coffee that continues to drip from the filter will be bitter and can ruin your fresh pot of coffee.
- Never re-heat a cup of coffee. To keep coffee hot, brew using a coffeemaker with a thermal carafe.
There you go! Just follow these simple steps and you'll have the perfect cup of coffee every time. Once brewed, coffee begins to loose its flavor within 15 - 20 minutes, so drink up!